Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Just a couple stories today, after all, we've been very photo heavy lately!
  1. My kids have made up their own language, and by that I mean they are mixing up words that we don't use on a regular basis or are hard to say. When we go to the gym for the bounce house there is a blow up obstacle course there. The kids can't say obstacle so they constantly talk about the "Popsicle" at the gym. And if that isn't cute enough, while we were pulling into Como Zoo yesterday Max saw Como Town's roller coaster and asked if he could ride on the "roller skate". Yes, my kids really are that cute.

  2. Something not so cute? Max and Rory have been sneaking out of bed. Max will go and open Rory's door then they move all of the blankets and stuffed animals on Rory's bed into Max's room and from there they do any number of things. There has been fruit thievery, lotions squirted onto the carpeting, pages cut out of books, I tell you it's been bad. So bad we've resorted to locking their rooms until they are asleep. We always give them a chance to stay in their rooms nicely first, but the last three days have led to the last three incidents I've listed. So, it's been a challenge, to say the least.

  3. Speaking of sleeping. Rory has been staying up way too late the last couple weeks. I keep convincing myself that she is just curious because every night at least twice, sometimes three times, she will come out of her room to find us and then after she sees where we are she turns around and goes right back to bed. I can't figure out if she just needs reassurance that we're still here or if there is something else going on, but it sure is creepy to suddenly see a little curl stick out of your moving bedroom door at 9:30 at night! This hasn't been such an issue since she's discovered all the fun she can have with her brother, which we're working on. (Read previous number.)

  4. I met with Max's preschool teacher last week, we were getting concerned because Max seems to dislike his preschool teacher and it's starting to cause problems with getting him to go to school in the morning. His teacher is great, and while I don't know what exactly is leading to this problem I do have confidence in his teacher and trust that she is not doing anything to cause this. I left the meeting feeling not so great. I mean first of all I had to tell her my son doesn't like her and second of all it isn't like we could just have a solution ready to go. She's been working with him a little more one-on-one when she can without trying to give him any special treatment over the other kids (which was a concern of mine) and already it seems to be helping. While he still will insist that he doesn't like her, he's going to school happy. So I'm going to consider that a good sign and just know that I too didn't always like my teachers but still enjoyed school. (Any advice here is always welcome.)

  5. I never did get around to writing a blog post on my 5 days of  Pinterest  recipes. A few weeks ago now I made a new recipe for the whole work week. Three of them were super yummy and worth sharing (the other two, not so much, but hey, I tried something new) so if you're interested; Pork Pot Stickers, Cilantro Lime Shrimp, Twice Baked Potato Casserole, and while this wasn't during my recipe challenge, it was amazing, Beer Cheese Bread good luck not eating the whole loaf yourself! Seriously? It was fun trying a bunch of new things, and gives me a little more appreciation for some of our regular meals too, I think I'll do that again once I get enough new recipes I want to try again.
I think that's everything I've been wanting to share. We've been really enjoying this weather. Not only did we go to the zoo yesterday but Daddy also pulled out the four wheeler for the kids and they had a blast. Today we're planning another walk at the State Park once Rory wakes up. It's supposed to cool off tomorrow and remain that way for a while, so we're not wasting anytime over here, we're heading outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment