Monday, December 5, 2011

Since November 17th I have slept in my bed only 4 nights. That's right, for the last almost 3 weeks I've been out of my house. First there was traveling for Grandpa's funeral, then it was Thanksgiving, and this last week we've been staying with Rosie and keeping her company while Grammy and Dido enjoyed a vacation.

I wish I could tell you that I made it just fine, that it wasn't a big deal. Reality is that I totally and completely lost it towards the end. The last week was the hardest; not only did we take on Rosie's schedule but we also took on Lyla's for two days too. And I just sort of lost it, as in, I spent one night in bed not sleeping but meal planning for everyone. Because you know, planning meals is so worth staying awake for. (Yes, that last line was totally sarcastic if you didn't pick up on it.)

Max and Rory really did do great. With all the extra TV viewing to make up for the lack of play areas, their energy levels have been higher, wilder, and a bit naughtier but nothing completely unmanageable. I totally understood, and I really did try to be a bit more lenient and to think of creative ways to get them active with what we had.

But today? Today we head back home. To sleep in our own beds and to play with our own toys. I wouldn't change these last three weeks for anything, all the time we got to spend with family and friends made the sacrifice work worth it. I will, however, cherish our quiet little house and our family all snug inside of it just a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment