Monday, December 19, 2011

On Sunday Max and I decided to take Maya for a walk down to the waterfall while Daddy did some things around the house and Rory took her nap. The paths were a bit icy, and Max decided to carry on a conversation with himself the whole walk which required lots of stopping, so it went a lot slower then I had thought.


Seeing the ice all along the edges of the waterfalls was definitely worth the wait.


And since it was just Max, Maya and I, we decided to finally make the trek up the stairs to check out the view. It puts you directly above the waterfalls, so here is looking straight down.


And if you look straight across you can see quite a long ways off, you can't tell in this picture but we could see the smoke stack from the power plant in Minnesota.


Max was pretty excited to just point out how high we were. I don't think there is a fear of heights in this boy.


Here's a picture of us descending the steps, we're about a 1/4 of the way down. If you look carefully you can see it bending and weaving quite a long ways down still. This is why I hadn't braved it with both kids, it's just a bit too nerve racking.


We had a lot of fun, it was a beautiful day as the temperatures were above 40 degrees. I obviously shot all these pictures from my phone, I didn't feel like lugging my camera while also leading Maya on the leash which ended up being a really good decision as I hadn't factored in just how icy the paths would be. I don't know if we'll be able to walk down there again until the spring, so I'm glad we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment