Friday, June 3, 2011

Yesterday we put Rory in some big girl underwear so she could start associating what going potty means. Rory has pretty much been wanting to go potty since she could walk and talk, always sitting down on Max's potty chair and signing and saying "potty" to us. Of course, she had never actually gone in the potty so she wasn't getting that part of the equation. (The biggest part.)

I finally gave in and put her in the big girl pants and she loved them! She loved that Max and I were making a big deal about her going to the potty chair and trying to go potty, and she loved pulling her pants down to go. Naturally she had a couple accidents but seemed to know exactly when they happened because she'd give me this surprised look and I'd know we needed a change. It was really quite a successful evening by my standards, she was getting it, if not yet using the potty. (Get ready for some TMI.) So when I asked her if she had to go and she sat down and suddenly started pooping, well lets just say I was blown away. Her first successful use of the potty chair was a poop! That's my big girl!!


Naturally she woke up with a 103 degree fever at midnight tonight. I'm almost positive Max became ill the first time we tried to potty train him too, it must be a curse of mine. So today we'll forgo trying but at least we're ready for the next time!

As for the illness, she seems fine, just warm, more then likely just a summer bug. Hopefully she feels better soon because Daddy will be in charge of her this weekend as I am heading up to the lake with my college girl friends for a relaxing stay in the sun. I've earned it!

And check out my beautiful Lilacs! They're almost gone now so I might as well show off just how lovely they looked in my purple vase!


Why yes, they are purple with a white outline, thanks for noticing. Oh yes, I agree, that vase was made to hold those lilacs with its white stripes. Man you are just so clever!

No comments:

Post a Comment