Monday, June 6, 2011

This weekend I took my college girl friend's up to my parent's lake house. We couldn't have asked for better weather! We spent a lot of time just lounging around and took numerous rides on the boat!


We also went and visited Schultz's Bar which is a short walk away. This is the very bar that we discovered Apple Pie shots which prompted Dusty and I to start making our own Apple Pie beverages! While the girls were a little hesitant to have a shot, once they realized that I wasn't saying "Shot ski!" to be funny but that it would actually be all of us taking a shot off a ski they very willingly signed up!


Nothing like having the whole bar cheer for you while you are drinking from a ski! We also got a little goofy and silly while we were all together; teasing Lisa that she needs to start digging further into her ancestry to figure out where her dark skin coloring comes from, finding silly ways to enjoy our beverages, and taking  silly pictures.


We had an amazing time just talking, sharing stories, and being together. My dad was a champ as he drove us around the lake a bunch of times, and even started a fire for us although it was way too buggy out to actually enjoy it. It was really hard to leave Sunday and we put it off for as long as we could. When I finally got home I was pleasantly surprised to see the progress on our garage. It's huge!


So real life beckons and we're all adjusting back to what exactly that means now that it is hot and sunny out. Today, after naps, I think that it means we run through the sprinkler for the afternoon. I don't think there will be any complaints!

No comments:

Post a Comment