Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My kids are driving me crazy! I know, that isn't nice to say but trust me, there is reason. To start, we're going through a bit of an adjustment as Max and Rory seemed to enjoy all the extra freedoms they got last weekend while I wasn't around. Neither of them seem to think that when I tell them not to do something they actually have to obey me. Don't get me wrong, Dusty is a great father and Ashley was a great babysitter but I'm guessing they were a bit more lenient then I am with following through on a threat of punishment.

A recap of just yesterday alone. Max spilled two different spice jars, at two different times, right after being told not to touch them. Then he smiles when he looks at us as if to say "And what are you going to do about that?" Then there was him dumping his water from the glass he had into the glass he wanted, which was of course smaller resulting in water spilling over on the table. Oh, and don't forget the goldfish snack in my van that he knows he cannot touch, only Mom hands them out, yet took the bag and dumped all the contents on to the floor. And again? The smile and look. My patience is more then worn out.

Rory seems to think that crying is the only way to get across her message whether it be that she's frustrated, wants something, is uncomfortable, or a plethora of other things that crying does not explain. Naturally I'm making it more difficult by attempting to potty train her this week. Of course, she's excellent at this and loves sitting on the potty, but she has yet to make anything actually happen on the potty since that first day. But with this, I am pretty relaxed as I'm not in any rush and just letting her lead the way. Today she was dry for 2.5 hours before we put on our swimsuits and went outside so really, it's pretty hard to get her to go in the potty when she isn't going often as it is. It will happen, and hopefully she won't cry in response to her excitement!

Thankfully they were really tired after we played in the blow up pool, so naps came a half hour early, and I can hope for a longer break to rejuvenate myself. Oh, and check every possible parenting suggestion on how to handle Max and this new situation. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment