Saturday, July 3, 2010

We were able to keep Max up for the fireworks last night and let me tell you, it was an amazing first experience for me! Some people had been lighting off fireworks across the lake and we were able to explain to Max that the fireworks were going to be loud and go "Bang" but there would also be pretty colors.

When the fireworks started Max instantly got it. He was curled up in my lap and he would go "Boom" and point at the fireworks. We started naming the colors and he got really excited when there was a purple one. Yeah, he knows it's Mama's favorite color! They fireworks were pretty.


I loved having Max curled up in my lap too. He got up to go sit with Daddy for a while and I was disappointed to lose my cuddle partner. A few minutes after he went to Daddy he started whining to go back to me again! I just cuddled him tight and enjoyed the firework show. It will probably be my absolute favorite firework show now, being curled up with my baby. Towards the end of the show I looked down to see that Max had fallen asleep!


I could have sat there all night with my baby curled up in my lap. He is just getting so big and is so active; this was a real treat. Dusty took a picture for me and then I agreed to walk him up to bed. Those little moments make it all worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment