Thursday, July 22, 2010

Rory and our stairs seem to really want to get to know each other. And Dusty just doesn't seem to want to stop that from happening!

Last week when we got home from Tara's birthday party Dusty brought Rory upstairs and then set her down to run to the bathroom. I was at the bottom of the stairs helping Max get his shoes off. In the corner of my eye I see some movement and then I realize Rory is slowly falling down the stairs! Now, I'm not talking "it happened in slow motion" I literally mean she was slowly going "thump, 1-2-3, thump" because her head would hit the step then she would slowly let gravity slide her head to the next step as her stomach slowed her down. I grabbed her while screaming "OH MY GOD RORY!" Yeah, that is what made her cry, and she was calm as soon as I calmed down. She was totally fine as she just went for a little slide down the stairs.

So you'd think Dusty learned his lesson. I mean let's face it; it isn't like I calmly walked up the stairs with the kids and told Dusty what happened. That loving father not only didn't learn his lesson to shut the gate, he also has not learned not to tell Mommy when it happens again! (Yeah, I really do love that man - he gives me such good material!)

Apparently yesterday he was doing some laundry (I told you I love him!) and he quickly ran downstairs to put the clothes in the dryer and he hears Max screaming. Dusty exits the laundry room to see Max holding on to Rory's legs as she is dangling over the first step. Did you read that?! Max is HOLDING ON TO RORY DANGLING ON THE STEPS! Rory was just fine but Max was hysterical and took some time to calm down according to Dusty.

So my little 2 year old man is Rory's hero already, Daddy is never going to forget to shut the gate again, and Mommy is going to continue to laugh at her lovely family!

1 comment: