Monday, July 12, 2010

Over Memorial weekend, my dad got a brilliant idea. He wanted us to get a cardboard cutout of my cousin Brooke. (If you know me, or have read my blog, you know that she is like a sister.) Brooke and I used to take turns photo shopping her into pictures with our family as she lives in California and doesn't get to come home as often as we'd all like. (Check out her clothing site, Bcat Threads!)

So I came home and got to work trying to find a place that would make this life-sized cutout for us. Unfortunately, it was pretty expensive. The great thing about online research is that a lot of the sites that had full sized cardboard cutouts, also had just the head cutouts. You know, faces on a stick? So I threw that idea out to my parents and they loved it. My mom's work was even kind enough to help us make it so we didn't have to worry about ordering and shipping Brooke's face.
Let me tell you, we had lots of fun. Please enjoy some of my favorite Brooke pictures. (Including a couple that Brookey even has yet to see!)

Blowing bubbles with Max:

A night of camping in the garage:

Getting her drink on:

Drinking with Andrea. Notice how she remembered the sunscreen where as Andrea did not:

It was fun to post these pictures for Brooke to see and we had a fun time bringing Brooke out to the bar. (The bartender got a good laugh too!) Oh how we miss her, but we'll be sure to see her in the new year as we want to visit her, Dana, Rocky, and their soon-to-be precious baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment