Friday, July 16, 2010

Last night we went out to dinner with my family to celebrate Tara's birthday. (My mom took the pictures so I'll have to do another post with those.) Tara has this complaint, she seems to think that Dusty and I enjoy trumping her special occasions. I mean, it isn't like we planned to get engaged right before her high school graduation party. And we certainly had no control over the fact that Max showed up a month early and just conveniently got released from the hospital the day before her college graduation party.

When we picked up the kids from daycare yesterday Rory had a note in her bin. The exciting news is that Rory is moving up and will be graduating from the infant room! She's no longer a little baby anymore! (Yes, this is also somewhat sad, but I prefer to celebrate my baby's growth.) Naturally we had to make the biggest deal EVER about this at Tara's party. We all had a good laugh about Rory's big announcement and how important it was and I figured that would be the end of it; but no.

If you don't know my dad? He's pretty funny when he wants to be! There was a guy playing the guitar and singing Spanish songs (we were at a Mexican restaurant) and he came and sang a Happy Birthday song to Tara. My dad slips him some money and tells him, "That little girl over there is graduating into a new room at daycare, she needs a song since this celebration is for her too!" It was so incredibly funny! Plus, Rory was really enthralled by the music. She's always loved when we sing to her and I see now that it doesn't stop there. I guess I'll be making plans to head to more concerts with that one this summer!

A side note about Max: The little man has picked up his bathroom skills again! He pretty much goes whenever we ask him (Including at the restaurant!) and has even started to show signs of needing to go by doing the "potty dance". Does anyone have advice how I can get him to start telling us he has to go? Or does he need to learn this on his own?

1 comment:

  1. Tell him to run to the bathroom when he feels like he has to go potty!

    ReplyDelete