Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween and a baptism, all in one weekend! Halloween I spent most of the day cleaning my house and kicked Dusty and the kids out. I believe they spent the day at Grandma's and got in GREAT naps. Luckily Max still doesn't understand what Halloween is and the excitement didn't keep him up! We went over to Katie and Andrew's so that the men could take Max and Lyla trick or treating while us women and Rory stayed back to hand out candy. (And maybe drink a little wine, but the boys had beverages on their walk too!)


Rory really was not into the whole party scene so I didn't get the cute pictures I was hoping for. We did stop at my mom's on the way to the party and she took pictures before Rory got crabby so hopefully she'll have some cute ones to give me. It was quite the night of fun, with Lyla pooping on the floor and Molly's dog sniffing at Max's privates, we all joked that this was one of the wildest Halloween parties we'd ever been to. We're looking forward to doing it again next year - and Chris and Jill's little one will be here by then to join in the fun too!

Sunday we were off to church to get Rory baptised. It was a little different experience than last time with only one other family getting their child baptised, and we had a priest instead of a deacon, but at least I can check that off of my list of things to do. Rory was once again not in the party mood so I pretty much bounced and pacified her the whole time so most of my pictures are blurry. Plus we didn't get a picture of Rory with her godfathers on my camera so I'll have to get one from my mom or someone else. And yes, Rory has 3 godfathers. Proud Uncles Randy, Ed, and Cecil. She is going to be one spoiled little lady!


Rory wore the same baptismal gown that Andrea, Tara and I wore so that was very special. Of course now I have to store it until someone else uses it, thanks mom! Ha Ha. Needless to say I was exhausted from this weekend and of course that means the kids will be up before 7am the next day, and no Dusty to help since he is working. Oh the joys of being a family of 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment