Monday, November 9, 2009

My weekend started out great; I got to hang out with Bridget and Anna Friday evening staying out too late and enjoying a glass of wine. Saturday, Becca, Lisa and I got our books picked out for next year's book club and I was able to stop in Stillwater and have a drink with Sara, Kacie and Jason.

Upon returning home that evening I found out that Rory was once again sick. She had never gotten over her cough from when we were at the hospital and I had planned to call the Dr's office this week if it didn't go away but of course it can never be that simple. Sunday she developed a low-grade fever. We went to Jill's baby shower since I wasn't able to leave her at home, (I had stuff to bring for the shower) luckily she never really got worse, just kept coughing.

We went to the Doctor's today and they did another chest scan and oxygen level check. They are treating her for bronchitis and we are going to be doing the nebulizer for a few days now in hopes that will help with all the congestion since there appeared to be some in her lungs. Hopefully this will clear everything up and she is so far doing great on the nebulizer, we just have to hold it in front of her face since she is still too small for the mask. (Which is a cute fish...)

Hopefully this will cure her cough and I can go back to being a normal paranoid mom instead of the freak I'm becoming; don't go near my daughter without washing your hands, please! I am a little nervous the doctor may be thinking she has asthma because she gave me such an overabundance of the prescription (0ver 90 liquid capsules) but I can ask her when we see her next Friday about that. For now, I'll just focus on this cough.

1 comment:

  1. Ash, It is Sam. I saw your blog from facebook and thought I would look to see how you and your family were doing! Let me know if Rory does have Asthma and if you need any more info etc.. as I have had it all my life etc.. Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete