Sunday, November 15, 2009

Urgent Care again. This morning I went to give Rory her bottle when she woke up only to get thrown up on. She proceeded to do that two more times after her bottle too. I know, this may be TMI, but I'm tired and exhausted and tired, so I don't feel like sugar coating it.

Since I feel as though I've become that paranoid mom I proceeded to call the nurses line to see what they thought. You'd think by now I'd know that if an infant is at all sick they're going to tell me to take her in, yet I proceeded to call in hopes they'll say something like "wait it out". So naturally I was told to take her in to get checked out. Luckily Urgent Care wasn't busy and we got in real quick. I hate the idea of introducing her to any more diseases. I mean, when my car broke down at the Dr's office I refused to go back in and wait, we walked around outside until she fell asleep. (Keep in mind it was in the high 50's - if it was too cold I wouldn't have done that.) Anyway, back to today's visit, we met a very nice pediatrician who took one look in her ears and said "whoa". Apparently her ears were very infected and the medicine she was on had not been working. So he gave her a shot of some new medicine and we will proceed to orally give her the medicine for another week.

We have her 2 month check-up with our pediatrician on Friday. I really hope we do not have to go to the doctor's office anytime earlier than that. I don't know if I mentioned this, but I'm tired. Rory has been a trooper through it all. She continues to work on her smiling and cooing and tries real hard to not let this all bother her too much. Man I hope this is the last time I write about Rory being sick. We're all hoping for that!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about everything you guys have been going through. Owen went through all of the same things last winter and had 10 ear infections between January and May when they finally decided to do tubes. He hasn't had a single ear infection since and he's been much healthier all around. We did nebulizer most of last winter, antibiotics galore (he even became immune to some and allergic to others) and I can't count how many times we were at the doctor office. So I definitely feel your pain and hope that Rory can get rid of these ear infections so you can get some rest. You need it!! Stay strong; we're all thinking about you all.

    ReplyDelete