Saturday, November 28, 2009

I am exhausted, two kids under two is tough. It's even tougher when you're a single parent! Dusty left with my dad to go hunting last Friday and I was home taking care of the two kiddos until Tuesday evening. (My mom met us and we headed up to the lake for Thanksgiving.) That was 5 whole days of me being a single parent and let me tell you, sleeping and eating are pretty much non-existent. We had Rory's 2 month checkup, Santa pictures, a football game with the cousins, Rory's chiropractor visit and Thanksgiving grocery shopping to do. In the evenings after I got both kids to bed I would binge eat, clean up and crash in my bed until one or both of them would wake me up. (Max had been having some bad nights; I think he really missed Dusty since he also became very needy when Dusty left too.)

Of course we also had to squeeze in another visit to Urgent Care for Rory, and of all times it had to be Tuesday evening as we loaded up to leave. It was pretty funny having the truck all packed for going up to the lake and taking a detour there, mainly because it has just become routine for me. So Rory is on her third set of antibiotics for the same double ear infection she has had for 2 weeks now. Luckily these are only for 5 days instead of 10 and we plan to take her back in next week to see our pediatrician and have her ears looked at again. Like I said, it is just becoming routine to go there.

Thankfully, once we got to the lake Dusty was more than willing to get up with Rory for her night feedings and let me catch up on my sleep. It definitely worked out to my advantage that every time he called, both kids just happened to be crying. We're all back together now though and I'm very, very thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment