Wednesday, November 11, 2009

You know the saying, "When it rains, it pours"? Let's just say I've invented a new one that says "When it pours, watch for the monsoon."

Dusty and I were fortunate enough to be able to get both ourselves and Max vaccinated against the H1N1 on Monday. The unfortunate part was that both of us reacted to the shot. I was just achy while Dusty had a full on reaction with nausea and the like. So I loaded up the kids and went to my in-laws to keep them out of Dusty's way and to also get a little help since I wasn't feeling 100%. Rory's coughing seemed to be getting worse while we were there and she didn't sleep much so we had a pretty crabby baby on our hands.

Last night Rory's cough got much worse so I got up and called the Dr's office to make another appointment to go in. Max woke up with a fever and Dusty was still feeling terrible. Luckily, Randy was not working today and was able to come over to help with Max while I was out. Everything is still looking great in Rory's lungs so they believe it is just yet another viral infection that should peak around days 5 and 6 and then slowly get better. We're on day 5 so hopefully it peaks today instead of tomorrow! Then I should still expect 2 weeks of coughing which is just awesome since she has been coughing for almost 6 weeks now. (Yes, that was sarcasm for those of you that didn't read it that way.)

I loaded Rory up and we left only to get to my car that refuses to drive. I say "refuses to drive" instead of "won't start" because it started just fine but then it would jerk a little bit and the engine would just shut off. Another phone call to Randy to come and get us this time! So my car is currently sitting at the clinic until Dusty can get a little more energy today and then he is going to go get it and tow it to who knows where and get it fixed. They both think it is the fuel pump but who knows. The way my day has been going the car is probably totaled and we'll dump a bunch of money into it before coming to that conclusion. OK, I may be a bit over dramatic here, but come on, you just read about my day, it's allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment