Thursday, October 11, 2012

The head cold that took Dusty, Cecil and Max down finally caught up to me this week. I've been miserable and taking it easy, including neglecting my blog. Sorry, it had to be done. Also? You'd think my kids would learn after the first day, that when Mom isn't feeling well her patience is non-existent, but no, they have not, and there has been a lot more hollering and screaming from me this week than I'd wish to even admit. So today, a list of things that have happened, that I've discovered, and that we've done in the last week. In no order, and let's be honest, more of a ramble than anything.

  • Maya had a rough couple of days at our house this week and I decided she needed to stay home for the rest of the week. She found a dead gopher and tore it up and continued to eat it although it made her sick. Both in the yard and in our house. She also decided that the chapsticks in Max's backpack smelled too good to miss out on and tore off the front two pockets on his bag. So until his new (Spiderman!) backpack arrives, he's that homely boy with the tore up backpack at school. I just don't have the patience for the dog this week too.
  • Max's class met some firefighters on Tuesday this week. A couple years ago, when Max was still in daycare, he freaked out when the firefighters started suiting up in his classroom so I was a bit nervous with how he would do this time. He came home extremely excited with his new firefighter hat and various other projects they worked on and explained the different items of clothing they wore and why. I think it's safe to say he did fine.
  • Rory has watched a ton of TV this week. Don't get me wrong, both kids have been sat in front of the TV as I just haven't had the energy to do much of anything, but with Max in school I had hoped I could figure out something on my bad days and alas, I have not. My mom guilt with this is ridiculous.
  • I was still able to make all the meals and I feel as though someone should cheer for me because I could pull it all together even at the end of the day to still do the meals we had planned. Yay for Mommy!
  • Also? My husband is amazing. He started a bath for me after dinner on my worst night and took over the clean up so I could rest.
  • Going to the gym when I wasn't feeling good was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea. Whoever said working out can help you feel better was obviously a fool because that was horrible!
  • Rory and I were able to clean out our garden while Max was in school yesterday. My energy levels have been going up, we haven't sat in front of the TV for two days, and it was time to do something else. We filled the dump trailer up and I can feel accomplished now.
  • Max has now developed a fear of his upcoming tonsils and adenoids surgery and has been asking us about the pain and crying seemingly out of the blue. The poor boy is not happy with this development and we are all anxiously awaiting the day so this can be over.
  • A funny adult note? The book they gave us to read to Max to prepare him for his surgery is called Your T & A Journey. Tell me how to not giggle while reading that?! Better yet, watching Dusty's face the first time he read the title out loud. We are so mature over here!
  • Today my big girl officially outgrew her harness on her car seat and is now in a booster seat. I'm very excited about this as it makes getting in and out of the car easier. At the same time, anytime Rory outgrows something it's a bit sad too for it's the end of an era, even a car seat one!

I think that's it for my ramblings today. I'd like to promise you some adorable photos tomorrow but I can't. I promise to try soon though!

No comments:

Post a Comment