Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Yesterday was a very exciting day for me being that I was recognized as Parent of the Month and all. Naturally I thought I was pretty cool; that is until I met up with Dusty and the kids that evening.

Usually when I pick up Max from daycare we get a half sheet of paper telling us what he did for the day. Yesterday, when Dusty picked up Max there were THREE incident reports stapled to his half sheet of paper. So in the morning he ended up somehow cutting his finger while playing with the kitchen set, then later that morning was playing with one of his friends and decided to bite his wrist, and then that afternoon while fighting over a toy with a friend he received a bite mark on his wrist.

They can't tell you who the other child was when there is an incident, but I have a funny feeling Max and the same kid both went home with similiar incident reports. I mean, what are the odds that a different kid would step in and decide to bite Max on his wrist after he bit another kid's wrist?

So this is a new struggle for us with a toddler, Max learning ways to express his anger without biting or hitting. (He's been hitting too lately but no incident reports for that yet.) Thankfully daycare is great and they work with him on helping him understand good ways to express anger. I've taught him how to say "I'm mad!" but I have yet to see him actually say it when he's mad instead of resorting to violence. Such goes the life and times of this Parent of the Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment