Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day is a special day for me. I was born on it! So our weekend was especially eventful for me. I had already mentioned that Friday night we went to the Minnesota Wild game with my parents. Saturday we spent the day with friends from high school, Brandon and Laura, and their 3 girls. Laura's birthday is on the 15th so it was fun to spend time together right before our birthdays.

Max had a great time with Mady, Kayly was a big help with Rory, and Jacky entertained us all with her army crawling. It was a great start to the weekend! Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to the clock and we ended up leaving in a rush as Max had quite the meltdown. He has just started this little "phase" over the week and while it is funny, it can also make things a bit uncomfortable. Luckily our first public meltdown was with friends that have small children and could totally sympathize.

Sunday Dusty got up with the kids and let me sleep in until 9:30! I woke up to have delicious pancakes, bacon, and sausage for breakfast. Randy and Ashley stopped over for breakfast also. My friend Erica came over later in the afternoon and then Andrew, Katie and Lyla came for dinner. So we had a full house and lots of entertainment for the day. Erica even stayed the night and is watching Rory for us today - I have such great friends!

It was a nice birthday weekend. And no, I don't believe in dedicating weekends to your birthday, but that is just how it panned out this time. Of course, I'm still not done celebrating as I am planning my birthday dinner out with my parent's and sisters too. Here's to my birthday being a month long!

No comments:

Post a Comment