Wednesday, February 10, 2010

After two days of phone calls to the doctor's office, two days of Max peaking out with a fever over 103 degrees; I took him in to Urgent Care and find out he has Walking Pneumonia!

So, on top of his toddler poops, we also have a sick, coughing little boy. Even more exciting is that the antibiotics that we need to treat the Pneumonia will probably worsen the toddler poops. I wish I could think more positively, like we have medicine and something to treat, but that isn't going to happen bright and early this morning. I was already up with Max at 3am and helping him calm down after taking his temperature to find he had an all time high of 103.5. Thankfully not hospital visit worthy, but still very worrying.

Just for fun, here's my conversation with Dusty at 3:30 this morning when I finally went back to bed.
Me: Max has a three hundred and five temp.
Dusty: (sarcasm) That's hot!
Me: I'm sorry, three hundred point five.
Dusty: Ashley....
Me: Oh, I'm really sorry, he um...
Dusty; ONE hundred and three point five?
Me: Yeah, I'm tired, you got it.

So hopefully the medicine will start to work its magic and Max will be back to normal. He really is doing well in spite of everything. When he doesn't have a high fever he acts pretty normal. At the doctor's office I was getting the evil eye because Max insisted on running up and down the waiting room and he was coughing. I tried to keep him close to me but he wanted nothing to do with sitting down and would pitch a fit if I tried. I'd much rather get the evil eye from other parents then hold my wailing, sick child down for over an hour.

Maybe we'll get some sleep this weekend. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment