Monday, August 17, 2009

My first weekend of bedrest was about as boring as you would expect bedrest to be. Luckily, everyone else had exciting plans so I can at least blog about that!

Friday evening Dusty took Max to Grandma's for the weekend and he and Chris picked up the first load of trees that they would be planting between our two yards all weekend. I did get a cute picture from the window of Dusty driving Andrea, Peanut and Chris over to our house to have some lunch.

They worked pretty much all weekend on this but now we have some really nice trees to both provide shade and some privacy. I'm excited to go outside and see them, I've only taken looks out the windows and I'm already really happy.

Thankfully Andrea was around to help. I know she helped a lot with the trees, but she also brought lunches and ordered dinner for all of us throughout the weekend. If it wasn't for her I may have starved to death! OK, maybe not, but I do appreciate all the help she has given Dusty and I over the last few days. She is an amazing sister!

Sunday, Dusty finished up and it was time for Lyla's 1st birthday party. She was such the party girl with lots of smiles, squeals, and giggles for everyone. She was scooting all over the place and really enjoys trying to get her cousin Max. They are so cute together! Max also was really into helping Lyla play with her new gifts. Here's a picture of Katie and Lyla opening a gift and Max on the other side playing with one of the newly opened ones. He doesn't mind if it is pink and purple, he's comfortable with his manhood!

Then of course we need a cake picture. Sorry this isn't straight on but you can tell that Lyla was really into her cake. She got so much frosting on her face that twice they had to swipe her nose to make sure she could breathe. Such a cutie pie!Dusty, Max and I got Lyla a push walker so that she can chase after her cousin Max more easily. I can't wait to get these two back together and have the walker to see if she really will use it for that. I'm so glad that Max and Lyla are so close in age, it just makes it so fun to watch them together!

No comments:

Post a Comment