Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Max and I both had Doctor appointments these last 2 days so we've been a bit busier than usual. OK, maybe not usual, but busier.

Max is now coming in at 50% for his height at 31" and 50% for his weight at 25lbs. So he has averaged out there. He still has a big head though that puts him at 75% for his age. Just proves how much more brains he has in there, or as Daddy and I like to reassure him. He also had to have a finger prick to check his blood. He did really well during the whole prick and pinching out the drops with just some sporadic whining as he didn't like being held down. Unfortunately when it was over and the nurse had to bandage him up she pushed his finger too far back and that is when the crying started so we didn't escape it, but Max was quickly cheered up when he got to walk away and go back outside and away from the nurses. We spoiled him with a little Acapulco's for dinner.

I went in for my scheduled checkup this morning and was surprised to find out that based on some checks they are concerned this baby may show up before 35 weeks. I have to take it really easy for the next 2 weeks but was still able to continue to work for the time being. It helps that I have had a pregnancy already and know what to watch for, otherwise I think it would be handled differently. My biggest concern is having a healthy baby. Max was 35 weeks and 5 days, so if we can get to 35 weeks I think I will be just fine as Max was a healthy 6 lbs 8 oz even though he was early.

Here's to 2 weeks of laziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment