Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bedrest - it really is such a dreadful word! Yes, I am officially on bedrest starting today. This baby is just too excited about playing with its big brother Max it doesn't want to wait for a good time to come. And I know it is Max too, because whenever I hold Max against me the baby goes nuts. Picking up Max from daycare yesterday? I get a contraction. I'm telling you, Max better be ready because this kid wants to play.

I'm not going to share all the gory details here - I believe in TMI for a public forum. Today's Dr visit was really interesting though. I got in at 8am and didn't leave until almost 10am. While there weren't many physical changes with my body or the baby, they did hook me up to check for contractions and I am having them. So I got to have a steroid shot to help the baby's lungs develop just in case and I'm also on some blood pressure medication that may or may not help stop the contractions. Either way, I'm not contracting to the point that they are leading to labor but there are enough other signs that they want to be proactive and prevent me from getting to that stage for at least 2 more weeks.

What does all that mumble jumble mean? It means bedrest, plain and simple. It also means Dusty is officially in charge of the house and Max. I feel bad for him but I know he'll handle it just fine. It helps that we have such amazing friends and family already offering to help with all sorts of things. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment