Monday, August 6, 2012

My camera, which was forgotten at a friend's, should be back to me this afternoon and I cannot wait! Thankfully we have my original digital camera still, but when you forget the SD card while out on the boat? Well, your phone's crappy photos will have to do. (I may have hijacked Katie and Andrew's camera for a while too. I couldn't help myself.)

Saturday evening, Dusty and I went to the drive-in for a date night and watched Batman.


We did this together over 12 years ago on our first date (and numerous others) as it's such a fun experience. I can't wait until the kids are a bit older and we can bring them along too. Although, we'll probably go when the first movie is a kid friendly one.

Meanwhile, Max and Rory were having an amazing time with Auntie Katie, Uncle Andrew, Lyla and Nora. (Oh and you know, Randy and Ashley too, because a family outing is so much better with more people!) The kids did all sorts of rides at Mall of America and Andrew and Katie kept me entertained with Instagram photos and Tweets on the various funny conversations. Technology and social media are amazing sometimes!


Sunday afternoon was spent on the water, the St. Croix river to be exact where Katie, Andrew, Lyla and Nora invited our family to join them for a barbecue and some sand play.


Afterwards we took the boat to check out the Stillwater Lift Bridge and got in a little fishing before the sun set.



Today, my kids were still in bed at 8:15am. This never happens, and I can only chalk it up to late nights and busy days but it sure was a lot of fun for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment