Monday, July 11, 2011

I'm so excited to show these pictures. I should have a few more tomorrow but these are probably some of my most favorite of the bunch!

As I showed previously, the kids learned how to swim in their life jackets off the pontoon boat. We took it a step further later in the week as I swam each kid over to Bear Rock to take their picture next to it. Look at Max, he was so proud of himself swimming on his own over to the rock.


He did want me to stay close and we sure giggled when I pulled him next to me and we worked on making big splashes!


Rory was a bit more complicated, and to be honest I didn't have nearly as much energy when she jumped in after swimming with Max. So we took the scenic route and I threw her on my belly and we kicked and kicked.


But she was still happy to stand next to the rock and smile for the camera! (That's my girl.)


I also took the kids for a ride on the jet ski. Max was not thrilled with the idea, and only agreed to go because he couldn't handle the thought of Rory going and not him. So we had to go slow, and by slow, I mean not a single wave came off the jet ski, but we did it, and it sure made for a cute picture!


Dusty and I also took the kids tubing behind the pontoon. I know, I know, we are just so fun you wish we had been your parents! The kids giggled a lot while we tubed. Rory did a lot more giggling as Daddy would bounce them on their tube - she thought that was the greatest thing in the world! Max preferred we just sit still and let the boat pull us. Although he did enjoy yelling at Bopa to go faster.


And last but not least, we went into town and found an adorable ice cream parlor. (Katie and Andrew, we're going back with Lyla, it was adorable.) So enjoy the messy ice cream pictures!



I had a great time up at the lake, but I am so glad to be home. Apparently a pretty nasty storm came through our neighborhood last night, I was completely oblivious as I was locked in a passionate embrace with my bed, we really missed each other. Sweet dreams for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment