Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I took the kids to the bigger library today for story hour. Imagine my surprise when we got there just as they were setting up for a musician! We had a great time singing, clapping and swaying to the music. Dennis Warner was his name and a quick Google search lead me to his site, in case you were interested.

At one point he asked any kids that wanted to help him sing to please come on up. I asked Max if he wanted to go and he gave me these huge eyes that said "Please don't make me", while he shook his head no. I then asked Rory if she wanted to go up and she hops down and walks right up there. Isn't she adorable?


No, she didn't sing, even though it was only the ABC's and Twinkle Twinkle, both songs she knows well, but I was still so proud of my brave little helper! Max on the other hand, was slightly concerned that Rory was up there and remained seated.


He did eventually sing with everyone, but only small portions as he was completely engrossed in watching his sister. I don't know if he was concerned or jealous but it still makes this Mama's heart melt seeing him watch her. Have I mentioned how much I love our libraries?!

No comments:

Post a Comment