Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A few short stories to share today and phone photos, which are always so terrible compared to my camera, I make do with the equipment I have on hand.

Max has become obsessed with matching his daddy. Every single night Max picks out his pajamas for bedtime. He prefers to wear his "shorts" pajamas because Daddy wears shorts to bed too. If his shorts pajamas are dirty then he'll tell Daddy that he also has to wear his pants to bed. Daddy has yet to actually follow through with these orders, although he'll appease Max and tell him OK. Thankfully Max is sound asleep long before Daddy goes to bed so this is rarely an issue.

Rory continues to be obsessed with Dandelions. It's cute and I love that some girly girl parts of her are showing. Today? Max decided she needed a flower for her hair and Rory sat very still while Max strung this into her hair.


Isn't that adorable? Then they were making all these plans of how Rory will wear that Dandelion for Uncle Randy's wedding. Next thing you know they're both telling me all about Ashley's pretty dancing dress and how she is going to look so pretty. But of course, Max and Rory are going to look better. And yes, they really did tell me that, I'm not saying that as their biased mom. Personally, I'm rooting for the bride, you just sort of have to even as a mother.

Rory decided to be silly and put on one of Max's boots and one of her own. I figured she would eventually get bored with having to be careful since Max's boot is so much bigger but she continued to chug along like this for an hour outside. My stubborn little cowgirl!


You know those adorable photos of Max and Rory in the mud? Yeah, about that, Max decided the next day that he was going to make his own mud. You know, by peeing in the dried up dirt. Thankfully I saw what was going on and stopped him before he started to play with his new mud. Yuck!

A while ago, I decided to try my hand a making a quiche. I've never had it and I figured it would be pretty easy, a good way to use up leftovers and to teach myself to eat more eggs. (If we're going to get chickens I better start eating eggs more regularly and without a gag reflex.) While reading the recipe for what was supposed to be a quick and easy meal I discover I needed to have a pie crust! You guys, I know it's weird, but I don't like pie. The crust isn't anything amazing, the filling is usually too sweet, and I'd just rather sit down with some chips and salsa to tell you the truth. So, after a brief YouTube search I made this.


Not the most beautiful pie crust ever, but for my very first one, and all by myself, I was pretty impressed. And my husband and kids gobbled up dinner. (Yes, even I enjoyed it; crust, eggs and all!)

I know I already posted a photo, but seriously it just slays me when Max pushes Rory on swings. Don't you agree?



Lastly, I've been getting to know more of our neighbors. This is a sad statement as we have been living in our home for 7 years in June but with foreclosures and rentals it's been a moving crew. Some we've just met as we're out walking but others we met because I seeded some cherry tomatoes that surprised me by having all 12 appear. So we've been walking around offering them to our neighbors and it's brought on some really great conversations. I need to do this again every year and I highly suggest trying something like this to you if you haven't met a lot of your neighbors yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment