Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I am totally and completely slacking at posting and I expect it will remain this way at least until the week is out and the funeral and family visits are behind us. Of course, then there is Thanksgiving and all the craziness that brings, but hopefully both events will lead to lots of fun family pictures.

Rory has taken to telling you she doesn't like whatever it is you were just discussing. For an example I was telling her that we were going to have pizza with her Auntie and Taylor today. Her only response? "I don't like pizza." Of course, when I told her she didn't have to eat then she suddenly starts yelling, "I like pizza!" When I told her that Brookey, Dana, and Eva would be coming and staying in her room she instantly started telling me, "I don't like Eva." When we got in the car a little while later? She was mad at me because she wanted to go to the airport to pick up Brookey, Dana and Eva. At least this is an easy stage to manage, she eventually comes around to what you wanted.

Max is still very into talking in the 3rd person. Just now? He told me, "Max has to point and talk to you." And while on a walk with Auntie and Taylor he was telling us how, "Max will hold Peanut's leash." Some people want to correct him, Daddy is one of those, always asking him to say the statement as an "I" statement. Me? I'm totally encouraging it. I'll respond back with a question like, "He is?" as if we are talking about somebody else. This may come back to bite me but right now I just think it's cute and I don't really see how it can be harmful. He is forming his sentences very nicely, he just prefers to talk about himself in the third person. It's cute, and I'm going to soak it up while I can.

Oh, and this is a craft they did at the library. We finally made it to a story hour!


Someday, when I'm back at work, I'm going to laugh at how overwhelmed I felt while being a stay at home mom. Of course, I'll insist on having a cleaning service if I go back to work. A girl has to have her priorities!

No comments:

Post a Comment