Thursday, February 7, 2013

I was that Mom at hockey yesterday. You know, the one that isn't a spectator but is actually engaging her child from the stands? In my defense, it started out innocently. Dusty thought I put Rory's skates on the wrong feet since she was standing on them weirdly. So I called her over to the glass so I could look.


Once she saw that she could talk to us, she wouldn't leave the glass, even though we continued to tell her to go and skate. Instead, she'd keep falling down next to the boards, stand back up, take a step into the boards and fall again. It really was the same thing over and over again for a while.


Max saw that we were talking to Rory and he too made his way over, although he got distracted by seeing his bus driver who was near us, and never made it all the way over.


He too, got too close to the boards and took a fall. Something about those boards really throws my kids off apparently!


Thankfully, once Max saw us he went back to chasing the hockey stick with a few of the other skaters. He loves this game as they all try to stay on their feet while running/skating as fast as they can! And it distracted Rory enough to turn her around and she went off to skate some more.


Next week? I'll just leave Rory to skate with her inward pointing ankles!

No comments:

Post a Comment