Friday, December 4, 2009

Wednesday we headed out to Jeff and Cyd's for our monthly dinner. Chris and Jill have finally brought Brayden John into the world so we decided it would be cute to get a picture of Jeff and Cyd with their "farm babies" as I like to refer to them. From left to right we have Lyla (15 months), Max (18 months), Jeff holding Brayden (2 weeks), and Cyd holding Lorelei (2 months). Needless to say these kids are going to be growing up together and getting into lots of trouble if we continue the farm dinner tradition for years to come!

Rory and I visited with our pediatrician Thursday to check her ears now that she is off all medication and believe it or not, they were clear! Unfortunately this week Rory has become a bit crabbier so I was worried things weren't going to go well. Now I know I can associate the crabbiness not to illness but just to the fact that she is still adjusting to sleeping flat on her back in the crib instead of in her carseat or swing. It is a relief, although I wish she would adjust quicker. I really don't enjoy being up for hours in the middle of the night, especially since I've returned to working full time! Of course, she does seem to enjoy falling asleep whenever Daddy rocks her.


Max has become a toddler in just a few weeks time! He really enjoys saying "no", even when that isn't an answer to a question. Like this morning Suzanne was over to watch the kids and asked Max what type of clothes he wanted to wear today and his response, "no". It was pretty funny. He also enjoys waking up in the morning and then finding the first naughty thing he can. I'm learning to be on top of him the minute I let him out of his crib. He also is still enjoying his new trick, "the hulk", as Daddy taught him. He tenses up all his muscles and it is really funny. I snapped this great picture of him doing it after a spaghetti dinner so he is especially cute with out his shirt, a very blotchy face and drool down his front.

As I stated above, I returned to working full time this week. Since Dusty's work schedule has been so unreliable these past few months it made sense for me to move up my return date. I very much enjoy when Dusty has to be Mr. Mom so this isn't a very hard transition for me. We also are very lucky in having both my sister, Andrea, and Dusty's mom, Suzanne, to help watch the kids when Dusty does work and the kids love spending time with both of them. It's been a tough first week as there was a lot going on for us and I'm still adjusting to moving things around my work schedule, but I know it will get better as time moves on just like it did when I returned to work after Max's birth. I'm also very fortunate in having a family oriented employer which makes the transition a lot smoother!

No comments:

Post a Comment