Friday, January 8, 2010

I really enjoy when Dusty plays the role of Mr. Mom. Sure I wish Dusty was able to put in 40 hours of the work week, but coming home to a house that was cleaned, already has dinner cooking, and a daughter that was spoiled by her daddy is so nice too!

Yesterday I got to enjoy playing the role of Mrs. Dad! I came home to find a giant snow drift against my garage so I started shoveling that and look up to see Max and Dusty staring at me in the window. The exact thing Max and I do when Daddy is working outside! On top of it, since I was already dressed for the cold, I took the garbage out and brought it to the end of our driveway. Yes, I have done this numerous times before, but it was still really funny to have Dusty inside finishing up dinner while I was outside getting the snow drift down and the garbage to the curb. Take that gender roles!

I rather enjoy being Mrs. Dad and wouldn't mind doing it more, but I don't think Dusty has any plans on taking on the role of Mr. Mom as a full time gig. So I guess I'll just enjoy it when it comes and appreciate the fact that I have a great husband who knows how to play Mr. Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment